Saturday, July 2, 2011

Horsebarn Hill

  So Hadlai and I have been hanging around Horsebarn Hill, one of the major agricultural areas on the Uconn campus.  The hill itself is in sight of the world famous Uconn Dairy Bar, which I highly recommend that you check out should you ever find yourself in the Storrs region.  On our first outing, Hadlai got some real nice shots of the Holsteins and some farm equipment, a tractor in particular, but I can't find the pictures... I'll be sure to post them when I do.
   Yesterday we went for a walk on some of the trails in the area, connecting what's known as the Uconn forest to the Nipmuck Trail, one of Connecticuts blue blaze trails, and some other surrounding areas.  It was a real nice walk and there's plenty of exploration opportunities, but we got eaten alive by mosquitoes and ended up having to walk on the road from pretty far away.









 We stumbled across this nest right in a tree branch, there was a bird in it too.  Unfortunately for me it was a bit out of my reach and this was the best shot I could get of the baby bird.





No comments:

Post a Comment